Monday, October 29, 2007

Good Times in Biology 1010!

My biology teacher began shoving the THEORY of evolution down my throat last Wednesday. I found this a bit objectionable, all of the things she was claiming in a public classroom. Thus, a friend and I went to her office after the second class on evolution to talk to her about our objections (she wouldn't let us object in class, just in her solitary office). After our 20 minute talk, it was evident that my professor was not going to teach a fair class, so we left. Now I have two meetings with the vice-provost and assistant vice-provost next week. Can't wait to chat with them about the curriculum in Bio 1010. My major complaints are that differing theories are not being taught (only evolution), important terms are being misused (she won't differentiate between micro and macro evolution), and she is speaking in declarative sentences about a theory (she's essentially speaking as it is proven to be true). One of the reasons I am so excited about this is because of how I got here. I went to Westminster Christian Academy prior to Mizzou, and there I learned all about evolution, but also about Intelligent Design. I got an UNBIASED education on this subject, so now I am able to point out all the ways that my Mizzou education is BIASED. Also, I originally signed up for a different Bio section with a teacher who teaches evolution as the THEORY that it is. I didn't want this teacher I currently have. However, I'm now in this situation. I honestly believe God has put me in this situation to be a voice for truth and justice on one of many liberal universities. Whether or not the university makes any changes due to my actions, I will still stand as a light for truth in a class filled with darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment