Friday, November 30, 2007

God's Working

As I walked down Virginia Avenue I thought about where I wanted to eat lunch. Plaza or Rollins? I've gotten a bit sick of Plaza lately, so I was thinking I wanted Rollins. A minute later I found myself en route to Plaza, I had forgotten to keep going to Rollins. I stopped, thought about turning around, but decided to keep on to Plaza and get Rollins for dinner. After I grabbed my food inside i was looking for a place to sit and decided on an area where i have sat maybe three times ever before. I ALWAYS sit toward the drink station in the back and NEVER sit up front by the door. Anyway, as I set my stuff down a woman asked me where I was from and what high school I went to in St. Louis. She was with her husband and son (a junior at Lafayette High) on a college visit. We ended up talking about how general college questions, but more specifically what it's like to be a Christian on campus at Mizzou. I asked her how she pegged me as a person to ask about this and she pointed out I was wearing a St. Louis Cardinals hat, so I was from the same hometown as them, and then that she had prayed to God that they would be able to talk to a Christian while they visited to answer questions. She told me I was the answer to her prayer. I thought for a moment about that and realized how true that statement was. I was in the dining hall that I didn't plan on being at and sat in an area that I never sit in and she so happened to be sitting right next to me looking for a Christian to answer questions. How else can you explain that except as an answer to prayer and God's plan? A mere coincidence it was not.

No comments:

Post a Comment